

Okay all you Lord of the Rings fans we have hiked the great volcanic plateau of Mordor! Unlike most of the NZ we are familiar with, this was a desolate, rocky pathway. It became frigid cold as we hiked up cracked pathways and steep volcanic craters. We went with a young adult group from church and it was one of those "now we can say we did it" kind of walks. Compared to the lush land were are used to this was below average scenery- but there was something beautiful about the starkness. Of course, we were pretty cold, and achy from the 16km hike, up and down rocky passes, but it was nothing compared to the terror Sam and Frodo experienced so no complaining here!
3 comments:
That is so exciting! You didn't have Gollum as your guide did you?? Okay, I better stop. People will think I'm a LOTR geek or something! :) Sorry it took us alomst a year to start checking your blog. We'll keep up more now. Love your house tour, and the U2 pics. Talk to you soon!
Gavan & Mel
Cool!
Hello!
You guys are just the great adventurers aren't you!?
You look like you are having a great time in New Zealand.
Heidi - I was just looking at your pictures here on your blog and my daughter said, "who's that?". I told her you were my friend who grew up in Australia with me - How strange that you are now in NZ and I'm in the USA!
Hope you are having a great day.
Take care,
Stacy
Post a Comment