Saturday, December 30, 2006

Merry Christmas To All!

We wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year. It was our first Christmas away from our families. We were pleasantly surprised with all of our Christmas packages from our friends and family. We had so many fun pressies to open and enjoy! It was hard being away from our family but we were grateful to have New Zealand friends to share Christmas with. Here are a few pics of our pre-Christmas activities. We baked Christmas cookies with 3 kids from church then delivered them to several members, we hosted a young adults Christmas party, and there's a pic of us opening the package from our Memorial Rd Church Bible class. Pick says "thanks for the presents under our tree!" We miss you all and send our love via the world wide web!



Christmas Day we went camping with a few church friends. It was a beautiful location. We are constantly awed by the views around us. We had a great time relaxing, playing games and swimming- although the ocean is still freezing cold here. The water gleams a vibrant blue so it beakons you in. Pick describes it like jumping into a pile of snow! I love running in because getting out of the ocean and feeling my numb body come back to life is great! Here are pictures of us on a hike, and the group of people we camped with. Lastly are shots from the ocean kyaking trip we all took together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Picker Family,
Evan Lawrie just got back from NZ and mentioned he got to see you guys. How very jealous did I want to be? Adam, you need to come to Australia and Roadtrip with me again... do it before March 25th or I'll have to bring my wife :P hehehe, but seriously, if you're ever over on this side of the ditch, look me up!
Keep Spreading The Love in NZ!! @007 will be killer!

Anonymous said...

.. . amazing pictures.. What beautiful scenery. . .
hope to see it with you someday! love, mum

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys had a great holiday! We wish you still lived down the street from us so we could spend New Year's with you guys! Your pictures are great - I love seeing NZ and what you guys are up to. Love, Penny

Mark and Kelly said...

Hi Pickers! I just came across your blog...your pictures are gorgeous! New Zealand is going on my list of places I want to visit. We hope you're both doing well!