Sunday, November 26, 2006

U2 in concert- and WE WERE THERE!


What can I say that doesn't sound like a huge exaggeration? We saw U2 in concert and it was amazing. Pick managed to get us tickets on TradeMe (the New Zealand version of ebay) the night before the concert. It was a sold out crowd of 40,000. The 8 people from church we went with had camped out to get their tickets last year! We were hard core about it and showed up at the stadium at 1:00pm to line up. The earlier we got there the better our spots would be because we had general admission tickets for the field. We sat in lines on concrete until 5pm when they let us in the stadium and we were rewarded for our diligence. Checkout our distance from the stage-- 10 meters. We were right there! When U2 came on the stage at 9:20pm just as it was getting dark we had been waiting 8 hours-- but it was AWESOME. The show was incredible, great set, lights and sound. Needless to say their music was incredible. I was jumping up and down the whole concert.

It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We could have never got standing spots like that in the States. And U2 hasn't been in NZ for 13 years. It was a matter of being in the right place at the right time and man was it a blast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa crazy concert friends! I'm jealous you saw U2 and had a great view of the stage! Heidi, I got your message and I was so sad I missed your call! I was thinking about you guys during Thanksgiving and wondering if you had a celebration over there. I hope you are doing well and hopefully we can talk sometime soon! :o)

Anonymous said...

okay okay . .so I guess that beats my Air Supply on my airplane story . .by just a little bit. . love you, mum

Anonymous said...

I'd like to take this moment to apologise for the 4am Happy Birthday phone call....15 African kids screaming Happy Birthday may have been a little scary. Sorry about that.

Jason said...

Wow! So jealous. I tried to get U2 tickets for St. Louis last year, but it didn't work out. I'm glad you got to go! I got to see them in '97, but you probably saw the best one 'cause they played a really good mix. Who's Air Supply? ;-)

jason