Case 1:
I am a Third Culture Kid (TCK). I'm an American citizen and in many ways relate to Americans but have a distinctly Aussie accent, also relate to their world view and call Australia home. So who cares right? Wrong! I have a real dilemma as a mother- what do I call myself?
Am I mum or mom? Mummy or Mommy? I DON'T KNOW!!! The verdict is still out- and my poor daughter is stuck in this strange space of wondering "what is her name?"
Here she is at 5 days pondering and again at 3 weeks obviously baffled.
Case 2:
Pick got his hair cut when Chelsea was 2 weeks old. This wouldn't be a big deal except he went from having a mane to a buzz cut. So poor Chelsea was like, "I don't know what to call her and who are you?"
Fortunately over the last week they have reacquainted themselves.
Case 3: For the first two weeks of her life Chelsea was laughed at, cuddled and cooed over non-stop by mum and Hayli. In fact I think she thought she was Suri Cruise due to all the pictures Hayli was snapping of her. Since they left life just hasn't been the same and Chelsea has come to terms with the fact that she is not a celebrity.
Here we are the day Chelseas' fan club left.

Here we are the day Chelseas' fan club left.
On the FLIP SIDE we have managed a few successes.
- Chelsea was 7lbs 7oz at birth. When she was weighed at 2 weeks she was 9lbs. No feeding problems here! She is sporting a sweet double chin and some cute chubby cheeks.
-Look at this sweet video of Pick trying to get Chelsea back to sleep in the early hours of the morning. She has crazy gas and often wakes up fussing. Pick does a great job celebrating when she gets out her massive farts and settling her back to sleep. Here’s proof.
12 comments:
That video was great! Adam - enjoy those snuggly moments. Caleb runs around the house like a wild man now and has no time for taking naps with dad!
Funny, my son at 2 weeks only weighs 5 lbs 8 ounces, he weight 5 lbs 11 ounces at birth, maybe he needs to take lessons from your daughter! She is so cute!
Glad to hear you guys are laughing even in those wee hours of the morning. Maybe you should be 'mama'...it might be the closest thing to her first word anyhow. I understand that dilemma. In spite of it all though she looks like she is doing great! :)
No question Heidi, you're mum! (And also should be talking in kgs!) And looks like both mum and dad are doing a wonderful job. If those three things are the only things Chelsea has to worry about, I think she is doing more than ok.
I'm just wondering how Adam managed to fit in her crib?
So Sweet! Love and miss you too! :)
Heidi,
I too am a blog stalker ...I have been keeping up with you and Pick for a while now. Congratulations!!! Chelsea is absolutely beautiful. I know Hayli had a wonderful time seeing you and Pick and especially meeting her niece. By the way, my vote is for "mum".
hmmmm....that whole "mom" vs. "mum" thing is tough. my vote is for "mom", but probably b/c i'm american.
to answer your question...i do handstands probably 75% of the time i have urges. i generally get them at home or on the soccer field for some reason. and i can feasible get one in at those places.
chelsea is just toooooo adorable! i love it when you post pics!
Hey guys, she is just so sweet. I love the video - Daddies and their little girls are precious. It would melt my heart when I found Ben and Sophie like this.
Okay Pickers - I've got to admit I've been stalking you too - your girl is just too cute. Ol'Man and Ol'Lady Picker can't stop talking about her -so I am somewhat obligated to check out the blog. I have one complaint - I was able to greet and pass Granny Picker along as she traveled to New Zealand and I've just got to see some pics to make sure she got there okay.
Yall enjoy your sweet girl - it's a wild ride and it gets harder and more fun with every new year.
Love and prayers - kim turney Houston, TX
Ohhh, I love the video!! I can't wait to catch David in moments like that! Chelsea is so beautiful!! We can't wait to meet her. We love you guys, and miss you!
Post a Comment