We have made the big move across the Pacific Ocean and then across the United States and now have our feet safely planted in Oklahoma City. We have ridden the roller coaster of moving overseas; the turmoil of emotions, the stress of downsizing to a bare minimum, packing- weighing our bags- then repacking, farewelling our favourite spots around town, and hugging and crying as we left our dear friends. We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to live in Tauranga. It is a beautiful city with lovely people and our hearts hurt as we miss them.
Here's some pictures covering the last few weeks:
Here I am with my girlfriends (and Chelsea) at our going away party
The church praying for us. (Notice all the kids surounding Chelsea!)
Chelsea with Chris and Melinda Miller (the minister at Otumoetai)
We are missing everyone there already....
And so begins our re-entry to America.
13 comments:
Hi there Pickers,
I'm so glad to hear you all made it to OK safely. We are excited to have you back and can't wait to meet Chelsea. Once you guys get settled in, please give us a call! I am off work for two months, so please call me if you need help moving or baby-sitting! :) Love, Penny
Hey guys! Just last night I was thinking about you and wondering how you've been (I actually was thinking that our new one will be born around Chelsea's first bday!). I didn't realize it was time for you to be back... how time flies! I'm sure this is very bittersweet and we will be praying for you guys during this transition. Chelsea is growing and is even more precious than before.
Glad to hear of your safe arrival. You all have been in my prayers as you were leaving and now as you re-enter life here. God will continue to be good to you! May you continue to know the blessings from your work and relationships in NZ - and new blessings here. Love, Nicole
We can't wait to see you guys and can't wait to meet Chelsea! She is getting cuter and cuter every pictures we see!
Sorry--that last post was from me...I'm using my sister's computer and didn't realize she was logged in!
This is so funny because I could have sworn I saw you the other day but blew it off because I knew you were in NZ. Hmmm. I promise I wasn't being rude if it was you! Call me or Sara and let's get together when you have some time. I'd love to meet Chelsea!
We are so excited you are closer to us. I know you are missing NZ. What a great experience and what a blessing to be able to have done that. We can't wait to see you both and our sweet little Chelsea Kaye. Love, Papa and Nana
So happy you're back. Can't wait to see the three of you. Welcome home. -Jacob
We miss you already! You guys rock. Mary
Hey Fellow Americans!
Glad you guys made it back ok. Hope your mini-vacation went well too (12am plane dept and all!)
We miss you already !!!
Going to have a get together this weekend - will get a pic of all the babies and send it on to you
xoxo
Jen Paul and Paxton
Hey! Glad y'all made it back safely! I hope your transition is smooth for you guys! Wish we were in Oklahoma to meet Chelsea!
Hey, we will be praying for you all and your adjustment. It's hard... especially leaving such a wonderful place like Otumoetai! We got to see your Dad and mum this last week, that was good!
hey guys, I'm so glad you guys got off ok. I rang the day after you left. I just heard Elaine's voice, "I'm sorry. The Pickers are no longer with us."
I was like, NOOOOO!!
yeah, well, it'd be great to catch up. American phone number? email me. i miss you guys LOTS and hope you are all settling in well. love you
Post a Comment