Monday, August 17, 2009

I did it myself!

Okay friends, confession time. When we moved into our little place in Dec. I put Chelsea's room together quickly, and moved on. Since then I have been over to many of your homes and thought "Wow, what goregous kids rooms" and then thought "I should make Chelsea's room a little more cheerful" and proceeded to get overwhelmed. I was paralyzed by my tight budget, lack of ideas and fear of doing something cheesy. Thursday I put that all behind me and WENT FOR IT!
I bought a wooden window shelf at a garage sale ($3!), and then went to Hobby Lobby and bought some fun decor (50% off of course). I also ran into Elizabeth Mullens who gave me the guts to buy some canvas panels and paint them. I stocked up on scrap book paper, buttons and modge podge.
First proof that I did it myself: here's the shelf I bought and cute decor from Hobby Lobby and home. Plus the tea towel that gave me the inspiration, and cup of tea that kept me calm!

TA DA!
Hooray! I did it. I rearranged Chelsea's room, put a little flare on her curtains, updated her pictures and feel so happy about the results. Special thanks to my husband for talking Chelsea out that evening, getting us food (we picnicked outside) and putting her to sleep so I could press on. He's a winner.
Bonus Feature: Here's 2 videos of Chelsea playing with her girlfriend Jaylen. They are sweet friends. Check out Chelsea's red sparkling shoes that are too big but she LOVES. Finally, a video of Chelsea playing with Pick giggling the whole time! (Warning: first video a little shaky!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We think you need to post pictures of the finished room! Also, Kennedy says that Chelsea looks like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz!

Anonymous said...

I loved what I saw. You are so creative. What sweet little girls. I love the laugh Chelsea Kaye has playing with her dad. I can't wait to get some of those cuddles. Love you! Nana

Elizabeth Mullins said...

You did a great job! The videos are cute...don't you love hearing your voice in them!!!

Lauren said...

Heidi,
You did such a great job!! Chelsea is absolutely adorable!!
~Lauren

Newberry said...

Impressive! I love the canvases, Heidi--very cute.

Candice said...

Let's see the room!!:) :) Chelsea is so adorable!

AM said...

So cute Heidi! I will have to come see the finished product!