Sunday, November 08, 2009

Dorothy, a Princess, the Easter Bunny, a ladybug and a butterfly



We had 3 Halloween festivities this year. I'll admit, since I wasn't a child in America I get kind of giddy around Halloween with all the kids in costumes. So when I laugh outloud it's because I genuiniely think it's hilarious (and awesome) that your 5 year old looks like a dairy cow, a sumo wrestler, or Sarah Palin... whatever. I thoroughly enjoy it.
We were with Pick's family the weekend before Halloween and all my neice Kennedy a.k.a Dorothy, talked about was herself proclaimed "Dress up Dance Party". The girls costumed up then danced merrily to Michael Jackson- OW! (Chelsea cried and kicked uncontrollably when I put her costume on. It was ugly. Her Papa disctracted her and then all was sunny again.)
Later that week we trekked over to the Oklahoma Christian girls dorms that were open for Trick or Treaters. Chelsea walked door-to-door with her friend Sabrina a.k.a the Easter Bunny. (Once again there were intial tears and fury with the costume however, seeing Sabrina dressed up changed her attitude quickly.) It was a great environment- clean, friendly and indoors and the college girls were lovely.


Then Halloween evening we met up with Chelsea's BFF Jaylen a.k.a the ladybug, and her parents Gavan and Melody. We strolled around their neighborhood taking advantage of the beautiful 70 degree weather. Ahhhhhh, look at these sweet faces.


Chelsea, now a Halloween pro, walked boldly up to the doors, knocked and waited patiently to put her candy in her treat bag. She never mastered "Trick or Treat" but her candy bag was still amply filled and she was happy-as-could-be. Maybe next year she'll actually get to eat the candy she collects!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit she's the cutest butterfly I've ever seen. Love you all! Nana