Sunday, October 18, 2009

The best part of my day

I relish sitting with Chelsea in the morning in our pjs reading every book in her room. I like making her breakfast and chatting with her while I drink my cup of tea. I am grateful to have the time to go visit our friends in the nursing home weekly. And I'm blessed to teach at Edmond Sonshine School just Tues, and Thurs with my good friend Sada and 17 precocious kids. I love watching Chelsea and Pick chasing each other around our island while I finish dinner, or playing hide-and-go-seek behind the bathroom door.

So I actually don't know what is the best part of my day. But there are lots of times during the day when I thank the Lord for the way He conitunues to provide for us. And I will think to myself "This is a pretty lovely moment."


Chelsea and I "read to her bear" everyday. Yes, this is the gigantic bear that my grandma bought for Chelsea and we have now inherited. Chelsea gives the bear a kiss every morning, says bye-bye to bear when we leave and gives him a cuddle before bed at night. Basically the bear is like a big brother to her.



Helping with laundry.



Watching football. Wait a sec...is she doing the motion for touch down? OH MY WORD!

1 comment:

AM said...

Love this post Heidi! I think you are a great mom and I hope to be like you some day! Love you!