Saturday, September 19, 2009

Oklahoma State Fair- BRING IT ON!

Yes, I have been super pumped about the State Fair. I'm not too proud to admit it. Thursday was the opening day and I was there, along with Chelsea, my dad and my girlfriend Veronica. Veronica is from California, her family frequents Disneyland, and we lived in the beautiful, tropical New Zealand together. So she visited me in OK and what better place to take her but the Fair?

We saw several massive pumpkins, huge warermelons and all varieties of peppers. We split a delicious, heart stopping cinnamon roll and buttery corn or the cob. We viewed the fancy quilts and tablecloths (my Grandma's favourite). Dad, Chelsea and V went into the petting zoo, and last but not least, we went to 2 shows. The Dog JUMP show was good, I mean dogs catching frisbees is amusing entertainment, but his microphone was soooo loud it kind of drove me crazy. The real highlight was the TIMBER show- a couple of middle aged men cutting up logs, throwing an ax at a bullseye and cracking jokes. I was happily entertained. The kicker was when they had a log rolling competition in a pool, best 2 out of 3 wins. And to finish off the show one of the men rode the rolling log in splashing water on roller states.





Seriously people, the Fair is where it is at. I'll be back on $2 Tuesday for sure!

4 comments:

Amy in Edmond said...

I am a big fan of the state fair also. Bill and I had our first date there 20 years ago tonight. I don't think we will make the fair this year since I have sick kids this weekend and next weekend is busy also.

Bill had Katie's Cakes make a cake for me in honor of our first date.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Great video! I love the picture of the zebra too!

Beth Mitchell in SC said...

Heidi,

I really enjoy reading your blog posts. Have you ever thought of writing books for children? You are very descriptive and can tell events in a simple, but inviting flowing style. I feel like I am at these delightful activities with you as I read about them.

Take care and tell Pick I said "hello" :)

Beth Mitchell

♡Shayla♡ said...

i heard you tell vee you had a blog!! and seeing as how i'm a top of the line detective (all my years of facebook stalking) i found you!! :)
and i'm oh so glad i did.
:)