Number 1 recommended read: The Vaccine Book by American pediatrician Dr. Robert Sears, M.D It was an easy read based on complicated medical info. I found it very straight forward and informative. He does not state whether or not to vaccinate your child but details each vaccine, the ingredients, the side effects, the medical benifits etc. He then explains why parents choose to go ahead with this vaccine, or why they might opt out. He also has a section towards the end where he details the safest vaccines to the greatest risks, also the most medically neccesary to the least. I appreciated all the info so Pick and I could feel confident in our personal decision. If you are curious you can also check out his website: http://www.thevaccinebook.com/ however the book has the thorough info.
After my reading, at 10 weeks while smiling happily away at her nurse Chelsea was startled by the needle and let out a shrill, prolonged cry. She received the DTaP-IFV for diptheria (throat disease), pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus, and polio. Ahhh, the joys of modern medicine!
Here is Chelsea hanging out:
The best snack:
(I know what you're thinking; she looks just like her dad.)
5 comments:
I sure don't look forward to such things. She is sweet. I hope to meet here before we leave the US.
Those are some great pictures. I went through all of those immunizations with KJ, but had to be at school when Laura took Ansley in. So sad I missed it :)
I was thinking she looked like a nice combination of the two of you! So happy for you- I love these pictures and the pink outfit too!
sweetie
here baby girl I got a nice tasty snack for your sweet mouth, open wide just like rice cereal
Post a Comment