It's early Tuesday morning and as I'm coming out of my heavy sleep I begin thinking "Is it going to be today? When is the she going to arrive?" and I try telling her "Ok, we are all ready- anytime you want to come on out will be fine with us."
Mum and Hayli arrived Friday night. It was wonderful to see them and we have had a fun time hanging out. They are almost over their jet lag, and their four suitcases that were lost in the shuffle arrived Sunday afternoon. Opening the suitcases was better then Christmas for Pick and I as they were loaded with gifts from family and friends! (This Christmas we did a small gift each b/c we had travelled to the States and were going camping). We've reaxed at the beach, soaked in the hot pools, tramped a few trails, and eaten yummy foods.
Sunday afternoon the ladies from church hosted a lovely baby shower. Pink reigned. The Little Lady Picker was showered with beautiful baby clothes, cuddly blankets and a book or two! It was a really special afternoon, especially since mum and Hayli were able to be there and meet the women who have warmly embraced us here. Fellowshipping with a small church there is so much excitement surrounding a new baby. The Little Lady will be cooed and smiled over to her hearts content, and then some! I am grateful to be a part of their family.
Last night we finished folding, hanging, storing, and sorting all the new gear. Pick assembled our new stroller (that he ordered on-line and mum and Hayli brought) and strapped in the car seat. We packed my hospital bag and the baby bag. Everything is good to go. Little Lady bring it on! We are so keen to hold you in our arms.
12 comments:
I thought this might be the post with the big news... but it's good to hear that you're ready. I just can't believe how calm you seem to be! I'll stay tuned...
We are anxiously awaiting the news of her arrival! Glad to know your mom and sis made it there safely and before the big moment. We will keep you in our prayers for a safe delivery (soon!) and a healthy baby! If you want to send me your email address, I will send you an invite to read my blog I have started. :o) lisabialon@cox.net
So glad you could share the baby shower with your mum and hayli. And good news that you are all ready to go! I know you must be longing for her to get here. We will wait for the good news! -- nicole
We are praying for a smooth, safe delivery and a healthy little girl! We are excited for you!!!
So excited for you guys! All the anticipation is SO worth it. We'll continue to pray for a healthy delivery, baby, and mommy! Can't wait to see Little Lady Picker!
YAY! I'm so glad you updated, and that their bags made it there! Did you get another camera? I can't wait to see her and hear her name! :) Love you!
Let's go little picker!
We are praying for you guys.
We love you
I hope you have a blog post ready for when Baby Picker gets here too! I will keep checking back until the big news is posted. We are praying for you guys! :o)
We can't wait to see her, and Cooper is I'm sure looking forward to meeting her this summer. As you can imagine all he hears right now is "come out" from everyone. Good luck, we love you!
Good luck and how wonderful to have your mom and sister over there. WE are all anxious to see pictures when she comes!
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your sweet baby. You are in our thoughts and prayers. -Sharon Wisely
Good luck with your delivery Heidi! It's really not that bad..especially with drugs:) I saw Hayli at Baby Gap right before she left and she was so excited. How wonderful to have such great visitors right now!
Post a Comment