Monday, February 18, 2008

Chelsea and Heidi

Hey guys-
Thanks for all the beautiful comments. We feel really blessed by our friends and family. I couldn't have done it without Pick. He was my rock. He kept me grounded and focused.

Coming home after was awesome. I went straight to bed and mum and Hayli took care of Chelsea. They brought her to me to feed and took care of everything else. Mum made delicious chicken stir fry and Hayli stayed with Chelsea until 1am watching her sleep (and watching my Oprah DVDs)!

Chelsea Kaye is adorable and none of us can stop staring at her. I just look at her and giggle. She has changed so much since her first appearance- praise the Lord! She came out with a massive cone head and was totally purple with a really wrinkled forehead and skull. Within 30mins she began to resemble a human and after an hour she was pink with blonde hair and bright eyes.

More news later. Off to get try and rest while baby sleeps!

18 comments:

Clendenen said...

Heidi, she is just beautiful and you look great!!! I'm glad you guys are healthy and everyone is doing well.

Lori

Kelly T said...

Oh Pickers, we are so excited for you! Chelsea looks just so sweet, and Heidi, you are Super Woman! You have a seriously amazing and blessed journey ahead. There is nothing in the world like being a parent! Congratulations!!
Love from Ben, Kelly and Sophie Tyson

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so beautiful and you look wonderful. I can't wait to hold her and love on her. We are so thankful that everything went so well. Love you three so much!!! Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

Way to go! She's just beautiful and I'm so glad you went au naturale. Can't wait to get to see you guys again. She'll be so big by then. Congrats and God bless you all.

Love,
Josh, Mel and Iain

Sammie said...

aw congratulations! she is adorable

Melody said...

Heidi, you look so great! It's so good to hear how good you all are doing. They do change so quickly. We can't believe Jaylen is 3 months old! Aren't you just loving being her mommy?!

Dara said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

swatterson said...

congratulations! she is sooooooo cute! can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam and Heidi,

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

It sounds like everyone is doing very well.

Can't wait to meet the little lady one day.

Ty and Stacy

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying your joy through Nana and PaPa Picker. We are friends of their's from Omaha, now living in Houston. We met yall once in NE and I'm not offend if you don't remember. I know two grandparents and an aunt who are on Cloud 9. We broke them in good for yall and they are excellent, highly recommended - but yall already knew that! I joked with Cheryl that she was going to have to create a new envelope for "Granddaughters" (FPU reference). We wish you guys all the best and all of God's blessings - I know you feel abundantly blessed already. Chelsea Kaye is beautiful and so are her momma and daddy. All our love and prayers - Kim, Kyle, Abby and Ben Turney

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Adam and Heidi! The baby is so cute! Your dad was so excited this Sunday at Church! He had few of your photos printed out in color on 8x11 paper, and was running around showing everyone! He was shouting "This is my grand baby! I am a grand pa!"
Kristi, Ben and I are very happy you two have a healthy baby. So, when are you guys going to have another little one? Any time soon?

Unknown said...

She's gorgeous - Congratulations! I'm so glad that your mom and Hayli can be there with you.

Lee Anne Paris

Greg and Arianne said...

Heidi, Pick, and Chelsea,
Congratulations on being given each other! Tell Kent & Nancy congrats, too.
Blessings,
Greg & Arianne Gillham

Michael and Katie said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Heidi,
You all look great! I am so happy for you- you are going to be the coolest mom (mum?)
Love,
Natalie, Keith, David and Drew

Gena said...

Little Lady Picker. She's just beautiful, with or without a cone-head.

aime said...

Congrats you guys! You all look great! I'm so glad Hayli and Nancy are there with you to enjoy all of this! Hugs all around to you all! We'll look forward to updates on how everyone is doing! Love, Lee, Aime and the kids

Michelle said...

Heidi,
Hats off to you for enduring a natural childbirth. I had my daughter Sophie naturally, wouldn't change it for the world. I loved the experience!

I was at the church when you delivered and so was your dad. He was just beaming! He told several of us when he finally got the call :) It was so neat to see his face!

I'm also a friend of your moms. Tell her hello for me :)

I can't begin to tell you how much fun little girls are! I love every minute of it!

Many Blessings to you and Adam.

Michelle